|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
|This Web site is for dispensing eyecare professionals only.
|Many eyecare manufacturers listed on e-dr.com require a physical storefront for purchasing and shipment of eyecare products.
Applicant's input attests financial responsibility, ability and willingness to pay for all purchases and service charges incurred, in accordance with our terms. Payment for goods purchased is due by the 20th of each month. It is understood and agreed that should this account at any time not be paid within agreed billing terms the undersigned will pay interest on the sum due at the maximum rate allowed by law, accruing daily beginning the day after the sum becomes due and payable, and ending on the day the sum is paid in full. Should this account be placed with an outside collection service and/or attorney for collection (whether or not the suit is filed), the undersigned will pay a 25% collection fee or a 35% attorney/collection fee, court costs and all expenses incurred in connection with collecting past due amounts.
|THIS WEB PAGE IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT ("AGREEMENT") BETWEEN YOU ("THE SUBSCRIBER") AND E-DR. NETWORK, INC ("E-DR."). THIS AGREEMENT STATES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH YOU MAY USE THE E-DR. NETWORK WEB SITE. PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING AND USING THE E-DR. Network WEB SITE. BY USING AND ACCESSING THE E-DR. NETWORK WEB SITE YOU INDICATE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT ACCESS AND USE THE E-DR. NETWORK WEB SITE. E-DR. MAY REVISE THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE BY UPDATING THIS AGREEMENT. YOU SHOULD VISIT THIS WEB PAGE PERIODICALLY TO REVIEW THE AGREEMENT.
WEBSITE USAGE AGREEMENT
These Terms and Conditions ("Agreement") are made as of the Effective Date by and between E-Dr. Network, Inc., an Illinois corporation with offices located at 5575 N. Lynch Ave., Chicago IL 60630 , ("E-Dr.") and the Subscriber, as defined hereunder.
WHEREAS, E-Dr. has developed and owns that certain E-Dr. Network (as defined hereinafter) for use and access by Subscriber via the Internet; and WHEREAS, Subscriber desires to access and use the E-Dr. Network in accordance with the terms and provisions of this Agreement; NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual benefits of the covenants and restrictions herein contained, Subscriber and E-Dr. hereby agree as follows:
ARTICLE I: RECITALS AND DEFINITIONS
Section 1.01 — Recitals: The above recitals and identification of parties are true and correct.
Section 1.02 — Definitions: The following definitions shall apply:
(1) Access: The term "access" and variants thereof (including, without limitation, "accessing" and "accessible") shall mean to store data in, retrieve data from or otherwise approach, display, reproduce, frame, establish a Link to, or make use of (directly or indirectly) through electronic means or otherwise.
(2) E-Dr. Network: The term "E-Dr. Network" shall mean that certain Web Site referred to as the E-Dr. Network, which is located on the Internet at <http://www.e-dr.com>, including any and all E-Dr. Technology used, incorporated, stored or accessible therein, as implemented on the E-Dr. System and made accessible to Subscriber through the Internet using the Password.
(3) Effective Date: The term "Effective Date" shall mean the date the Subscriber receives the Password from E-Dr. or accesses the E-Dr. Network, whichever occurs first.
(4) E-Dr. Marks: The term "E-Dr. Marks" shall mean trademarks, trade names, service marks and trade dress of E-Dr. and parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates of E-Dr., including, without limitation, the mark E-DR. NETWORK, the E-DR. NETWORK ophthalmologist and ophthalmoscope design, and the mark E-DR. NETWORK as depicted in U.S.P.T.O. Trademark Application Serial No. 75/471247.
(5) E-Dr. System: The term "E-Dr. System" shall mean computer systems and communication equipment used for hosting the E-Dr. Network and providing Subscriber access to the E-Dr. Network.
(6) E-Dr. Technology: The term "E-Dr. Technology" shall mean any and all Technology developed by or for E-Dr.
(7) Internet: The term "Internet" shall mean that certain global network of computers commonly referred to as the Internet, including (without limitation) the world wide web.
(8) Licensed Content: The term "Licensed Content" shall mean third party Technology incorporated in whole or part into the E-Dr. Network.
(9) Link: The term "Link" shall mean text, icons, graphic symbols that upon selection or activation, link or associate to, execute, access or retrieve an off-screen Web Site or Technology.
(10) Password: The term "Password" shall mean that certain password and SUBSCRIBER name assigned by E-Dr. to Subscriber for accessing the E-Dr. Network as may be modified from time to time as provided hereunder.
(11) Policy Statement: The term "Policy Statement" shall mean those certain written statements of policies (in printed or electronic form) concerning access to the E-Dr. Network as may be adopted by E-Dr. and as modified by E-Dr. from time-to-time.
(12) Restatements: The term "Restatements" shall mean Section 757 of the Restatement of Torts, Section 39 of the Restatement (Third) of Unfair Competition, Section 1 of the Uniform Trade Secrets Act and 18 U.S.C. ô1839.
(13) Subscriber: The term "Subscriber" shall mean the individual or entity assigned the password used to access the E-Dr. Network.
(14) Technology: The term "Technology" shall mean information, data, ideas, works of authorship, computer software, source code, object code, executable code, software libraries, documentation, databases, database designs, data dictionaries, data models, fields, records, scripts, texts, interfaces, interface designs, screen displays, Web Sites, web pages, Links, visual works, graphic images, audio, video, compilations, formulas, methodologies, techniques, processes, procedures, adaptations, derivative works, computers, hardware, peripherals, components, networks, product lists, supplier lists and customer lists.
(15) Term: The term "Term" shall mean a period of time starting on the Effective Date and ending on the date either party cancels the Password as provided hereunder.
(16) Unauthorized Access: The term "Unauthorized Access" shall mean any access to E-Dr. Network except for access during the Term for the exclusive purpose of viewing, browsing, retrieving, uploading and posting information on and ordering optical supplies through the E-Dr. Network using the Password on behalf of Subscriber in accordance with this Agreement.
(17) Unauthorized User: The term "Unauthorized User" shall mean any individual who accesses the E-Dr. Network except for Subscriber and employees and agents of Subscriber authorized by Subscriber to access the E-Dr. Network for purposes of viewing, browsing, retrieving, uploading and posting information on and ordering optical supplies through the E-Dr. Network during the Term using the Password on behalf of Subscriber in accordance with this Agreement.
(18) Web Site: The term "Web Site" shall mean that certain multimedia interactive product which is a compilation of data, information, computer software, graphics, audiovisual, components and coding formatted for use on the world-wide-web of the Internet and commonly referred to as a web site.
ARTICLE II: SCOPE OF USE
Section 2.01 — Access: E-Dr. hereby grants Subscriber a non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to access the E-Dr. Network, during the Term, solely for viewing, browsing, retrieving, uploading and posting information, and ordering optical supplies on or through the E-Dr. Network, subject to the terms and provisions of this Agreement.
Section 2.02 — Policy Statement: During the Term, Subscriber shall comply with the Policy Statement. E-Dr. may modify the Policy Statement from time to time at the exclusive discretion of E-Dr.
Section 2.03 — Password: Subscriber hereby accepts responsibility for, and shall be liable for, all access to the E-Dr. Network in connection with the Password. Subscriber shall be responsible for the confidentiality of the Password. Modification of the Password shall be subject to the approval of E-Dr.
Section 2.04 — Unauthorized Access: Subscriber shall prevent Unauthorized Users from accessing the E-Dr. Network. Subscriber shall prevent Unauthorized Access to the E-Dr. Network.
Section 2.05 — Cancellation: E-Dr. may cancel the Password, for convenience and in the exclusive discretion of E-Dr., upon providing written notice of such cancellation to Subscriber in accordance with Section 5.06 of this Agreement. Subscriber may cancel the Password, for convenience and in the exclusive discretion of Subscriber, upon providing written notice of such cancellation to Subscriber in accordance with Section 5.07 of this Agreement. Upon cancellation of the Password, Subscriber shall immediately cease and desist any and all access to and attempts to access the E-Dr. Network.
ARTICLE III: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Section 3.01 — Ownership and Title: Title to the E-Dr. Network (excluding Licensed Content), including ownership rights to any and all patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets in connection therewith shall be the exclusive property of E-Dr.
Section 3.02 — Unauthorized Use: Subscriber shall not copy or download the E-Dr. Network without the prior written consent of E-Dr. Subscriber shall not access, modify, reverse engineer, reproduce, display, perform or distribute, including (without limitation) by framing or similar means, the E-Dr. Network without the prior written consent of E-Dr. Subscriber shall not (directly or indirectly) promote, advertise, market or provide any Web Site similar to or competitive with the E-Dr. Network.
Section 3.03 — Trademarks: E-Dr. shall retain all rights, title and ownership interests in the E-Dr. Marks and goodwill associated therewith. Subscriber acknowledges that, excepting the E-Dr. Marks, all other product, service and company names mentioned in the E-Dr. Network may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Section 3.04 — Proprietary Information: Subscriber shall hold E-Dr. Technology in strict confidence and shall not access or disclose E-Dr. Technology except as otherwise permitted under this Agreement. Subscriber hereby acknowledges and agrees that the E-Dr. Technology derives independent economic value (actual or potential) from not being generally known to other persons who can obtain economic value from its disclosure or use and not being readily ascertainable by proper means by other persons who can obtain economic value from its disclosure or use; is the subject of reasonable efforts under the circumstances to maintain its secrecy; and is a trade secret as defined under the Restatements.
Section 3.05 — No Contest: Subscriber shall not contest or aid in contesting the ownership or validity of the copyrights, trademarks, service marks and trade secrets (as applicable) of E-Dr. in connection with the E-Dr. Network.
Section 3.06 — Subscriber Submissions: Any Technology (except the Password and ordering information) uploaded, posted or submitted by Subscriber on the E-Dr. Network shall be deemed non-confidential. Subscriber hereby grants E-Dr. an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, nonexclusive license to access, use, reproduce, modify, adapt, release, perform, display, distribute, sell and disclose such Technology, in whole or in part, in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever, and to have and authorize others to do so. Subscriber represents and warrants that Subscriber possesses all necessary rights, title and interests to rightfully grant E-Dr. the foregoing license, free and clear of any encumbrances, third party interests and restrictions. Subscriber also represents and warrants that all information provided by Subscriber in connection with the E-Dr. Network and this Agreement is true, complete and accurate.
ARTICLE IV: WARRANTY AND INDEMNIFICATION
Section 4.01 — Express Warranties: Subscriber hereby acknowledges and agrees that E-Dr. (including officers, employees, agents, directors and independent contractors of E-Dr.) has not made or granted to Subscriber any express warranties concerning the E-Dr. Network or any products and services offered through the E-Dr. Network. Subscriber hereby acknowledges that the E-Dr. Network does not constitute grant of an express warranty concerning any products and services offered through the E-Dr. Network and Subscriber hereby waives any and all claims of warranty based on the E-Dr. Network.
SECTION 4.02 — WARRANTY LIMITATION: THE E-Dr. NETWORK IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. E-DR., TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND SUBSCRIBER HEREBY WAIVES ALL WARRANTIES BY E-DR., EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE E-DR. NETWORK AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE E-DR. NETWORK. E-DR. DOES NOT WARRANT AND SUBSCRIBER HEREBY WAIVES ANY WARRANTY THAT USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE E-DR. NETWORK BY SUBSCRIBER WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. E-DR. DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY AND SUBSCRIBER HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE E-DR. NETWORK OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE E-DR. NETWORK. SUBSCRIBER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT USE OF THE INTERNET AND E-DR. Network SHALL BE AT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RISK OF SUBSCRIBER AND SUBJECT TO THE RESTRICTIONS, TERMS AND CONDITIONS, RULES, REGULATIONS, POLICIES, APPLICABLE LAWS AND CODES OF CONDUCT GOVERNING THE INTERNET AND THE E-DR. NETWORK.
Section 4.03 — Inaccuracies: Subscriber hereby acknowledges that the E-Dr. Network may contain errors, inaccuracies and omissions. Subscriber shall assume any and all risk of loss, harm or damage associated with Subscriber access to and use of the E-Dr. Network.
SECTION 4.04 — LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: E-DR. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IN CONNECTION WITH (I) USE, PERFORMANCE OR OPERATION OF THE E-DR. NETWORK; (II) USE, PERFORMANCE OR OPERATION OF THE INTERNET OR USE OF THE INTERNET BY SUBSCRIBER; (III) LOSS OF DATA; AND (IV) PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE E-DR. NETWORK), REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER E-DR. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE OR WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE.
SECTION 4.05 — LIMITATION OF DAMAGES: THE SOLE REMEDY OF SUBSCRIBER FOR ANY REASON AND FOR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, THE E-DR. NETWORK, AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE E-DR. NETWORK, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL BE MODIFICATION OF THE E-DR. Network, AS DETERMINED BY E-DR.
Section 4.06 — Indemnification: Subscriber shall release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless E-Dr. (including its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, contractors and agents) from and against any expense, loss, cost or liability (including, without limitation, attorney fees and paralegal fees) arising from any and all claims, demands, damages or actions resulting from or related to (i) use by Subscriber of the Internet, E-Dr. Network or products or services offered through the E-Dr. Network (including, without limitation, any claims for breach of warranty, loss of data, libel, slander, invasion of privacy or false advertising); (ii) performance of the E-Dr. Network; (iii) Subscriber's negligence or any tortious acts (or failures to act) of Subscriber; (iv) products or services offered through the E-Dr. Network; and (v) any breach by Subscriber of the obligations of Subscriber under this Agreement.
Section 4.07 — Export Assurance: Subscriber shall not perform any act in conflict with or in violation of the export laws and regulations of the United States of America, including (without limitation) the Export Administration Act, 50 U.S.C. ô2401, et seq., the Export Administration Regulations, 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-774, the Arms Export Control Act, 22 U.S.C. ô2751, and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, 22 C.F.R. Parts 120-130, as amended.
Section 4.08 — Links: Subscriber hereby acknowledges that the E-Dr. Network may contain Links to third party Web Sites. Any such Links are provided solely as a convenience to Subscriber and do not constitute an endorsement by E-Dr. of such Web Sites and the third party content therein.
ARTICLE V: MISCELLANEOUS
Section 5.01 — Entire Agreement: This Agreement contains the entire understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all previous verbal and written agreements between E-Dr. and Subscriber relating to the subject matter hereof.
Section 5.02 — Amendments and Modifications: Excepting modifications made to the Policy Statement by E-Dr. and modifications made to this Agreement by E-Dr., any alteration, modification or amendment of this Agreement shall be void unless such alteration, modification or amendment is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of E-Dr.
Section 5.03 — Severability: If a provision of this Agreement is rendered invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Section 5.04 — Captions: The headings and captions of this Agreement are inserted for convenience of reference and do not define, limit or describe the scope or intent of this Agreement or any particular section, paragraph, or provision.
Section 5.05 — Governing Law: The E-Dr. Network is based in Cook County, City of Chicago, Illinois. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Illinois, without regard to any rules of conflict or choice of laws which may require the application of laws of another state, and venue shall be Cook County, Chicago, Illinois.
Section 5.06 — Subscriber Notice: All notices to Subscriber shall be in writing. Notices to Subscriber shall be deemed delivered when posted conspicuously on the E-Dr. Network or when delivered to Subscriber electronically, by commercial overnight delivery service, by Certified or Registered Mail - Return Receipt Requested - or by hand. Notices to Subscriber shall be deemed given when dispatched. Notices posted conspicuously on the E-Dr. Network or delivered to Subscriber electronically (including, without limitation, electronic mail) shall be deemed written notices.
Section 5.07 — E-Dr. Notice: All notices to E-Dr. shall be in writing. Notices to E-Dr. shall be deemed delivered when delivered by commercial overnight delivery service, Certified or Registered Mail - Return Receipt Requested - or by hand to the address set forth below for E-Dr. Notices to E-Dr. shall be deemed given on the date notice is received by E-Dr. (as evidenced in the case of Certified or Registered Mail by Return Receipt).
E-Dr. Network, LLC
5575 N. Lynch Ave. Chicago, IL 60630
Section 5.08 — Pronouns/Gender: Pronouns and nouns shall refer to the masculine, feminine, singular or plural as the context shall require.
Section 5.09 — Remedies: All remedies under this Agreement are in addition to equitable remedies and remedies provided by law and are cumulative. The parties hereby acknowledge and agree that damages at law will be an inadequate remedy to E-Dr. In addition to remedies at law and other rights which may be available, E-Dr. shall have the right of specific performance, injunction or other equitable remedy (including, without limitation, the right to such equitable remedies prior to or pending arbitration) in the event of a breach or threatened breach of this Agreement by Subscriber.
Section 5.10 — Waiver: Waiver of a breach of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of any other breach. Failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver or create an estoppel from enforcing such provision. Any waiver of a provision of this Agreement shall not be binding unless such waiver is in writing and signed by the waiving party.
Section 5.11 — Survival: The terms and provisions of Sections 2.04 and 2.05 and Articles I, III, IV and V of this Agreement shall survive cancellation of the Password.
Section 5.12 — Public Announcements: All public announcements concerning the E-Dr. Network or the relationship of Subscriber and E-Dr. shall be subject to the prior written approval of E-Dr.
Section 5.13 — Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules (excluding Expedited Procedures) of the American Arbitration Association in the city of Chicago, Illinois. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrators may be entered in any Court having jurisdiction thereof, unless a subsequent request for reconsideration has been filed by E-Dr. under this Section 5.13. Three qualified arbitrators shall be appointed in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules (excluding Expedited Procedures) of the American Arbitration Association and this Agreement. Such qualified arbitrators shall be members of the Chicago Bar and shall have at least five years of experience in technology and commercial law matters. Each party shall have the right of discovery as set forth in the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. A stenographer shall be present at the arbitration proceedings and the stenographic record shall be the official record of the proceeding. The arbitration award shall be in writing and shall include findings of fact and conclusions of law. E-Dr. shall have the right to appeal any decision of the arbitrators by filing a request for reconsideration of such decision with the American Arbitration Association within ninety days of receiving such decision. Upon receiving such request for reconsideration, the American Arbitration Association shall reconsider the matter de novo using a different panel of three appellate arbitrators and the foregoing procedures. Such panel of appellate arbitrators shall be selected using the same procedures as used to select the original arbitrators. Each party shall pay an equal share of the fees and expenses of the arbitrators and administrative fees and expenses of the arbitration. Chicago Statute ô682 shall apply.
Section 5.14 — Litigation Expense: In the event of litigation or arbitration arising out of or relating to this Agreement, each party shall pay its own costs and expenses of litigation or arbitration (excluding fees and expenses of arbitrators and administrative fees and expenses of arbitration).
|Updated: 29 NOV 2003